What happens to my retirement account if I leave employment with St. Paul Public Schools?

Your employment as a licensed educator working for Saint Paul Public Schools (SPPS) has allowed you to earn retirement service credit in the St. Paul Teachers’ Retirement Fund. When you leave SPPS employment you will no longer contribute to your SPTRFA Defined Benefit account. However, your years of retirement service credit and those contributions made as an active employee will remain with the fund until you choose to retire, or draw your monthly pension benefit, whichever comes first.  Please remember to keep your address current with us so we may continue to contact you about your retirement account.

If you have specific account questions please call our office at 651-642-2550.

Read more about your options below:

Posted in: Active Membership

Comments are closed.