Coronavirus Update: We are Open for Business
Effective Tuesday, March 17, we have closed our physical office and reopened for business under our virtual presence.
We expect to replicate all of our critical systems and to be in position to serve you without interruption. Undoubtedly, there will be a few bumps, and we may be a bit slower at times as we pace through this new workflow.
We ask for your patience and understanding as we work in real-time to improve.
Our Priorities. We want to share our work priorities with you:
1) Protect our pension fund;
2) Maintain uninterrupted pension payments to our retirees;
3) Assist our members who are in the process of retiring this school year; and
4) Process routine member requests.
Call Lines. Should you need us, our call lines will be open from 10 to 3. Calls will be routed to a remote team member for action. In the event our team members are busy helping others, or your call is received outside of the prescribed calling times, please leave a message and we will respond as quickly as possible. Members who have requests related to retirement during this school year will be given priority.
Documents – During this time, please do not mail any documents to our offices. We have implemented a ‘cease delivery’ notice with the U.S. Postal Service and will only check accumulated mail periodically. If you have documentation that is necessary to complete a retirement file, please consult with your SPTRFA representative for guidance.
How to reach us. Our contact information remains the same:
Email: info @ sptrfa.org
Thanks again for your dedication to the vital art of teaching. We appreciate you and look forward to helping you along your journey.
All the best,
Jill E. Schurtz
St. Paul Teachers Retirement Fund Association
- Attention Annuitants: 1099-R forms for the tax year 2019 were postmarked on January 21, 2020.
- Active members: Please take a moment to update your beneficiaries – Click to download the Designation of Beneficiary Form and submit in person, fax or by mail to the St. Paul Teachers’ Retirement Fund Office. To update your address please use the Saint Paul Public Schools Employee Self Service Portal.
Members, Thinking of Retiring in 2020?
If you are retiring at the end of the school year we strongly encourage you to call us prior to submitting SPTRFA retirement application.
Before your appointment read the pension benefit application process using the links below:
Important Reminder: You must complete all SPTRFA Retirement Application paperwork and provide the required documentation prior to receiving your pension benefit.